Podcamp Halifax is an ever-changing, community guided event offering a level playing field for all those wishing to share their digital life experience.
January 27th, 2019 9am-5pm at Dalhousie University’s Marion McCain Building.
We’d love to see you at Podcamp Halifax but before you go ahead and click submit, we’d like to go over a few rules and give you a little more information about EXACTLY what Podcamp Halifax is, what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
Throughout the world, Podcamp is defined by 6 guiding principles.
- All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rockstar.
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license.
- All attendees must be allowed to participate (subject to limitations of physical space, of course).
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet – if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do something else.
- The event must be new-media-focused; blogging, podcasting, video on the net, etc.
- The financials of a Podcamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.
- I know. I said there were 6. This one is more of a wish list item. Sessions and events are strongly encouraged to be free to attend to allow as many people to attend as possible.
These events are incredibly popular and we hate to have to turn people away. As such, if you know ahead of time that you’ll be unable to attend, please let us know so that we can open up your space for someone else. We know that sometimes things happen that are outside of your control, so if you can’t, we understand. However, please let us know as soon as you know so that we can ensure that everyone who wants to make it and can make it CAN make it.
If this sounds good to you, then let’s get started.