PRESENTATION SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THE 2018 EVENT
So you want to give a talk at Podcamp Halifax? Great. We’re happy to have you. But first, let’s make sure that we’re all on the same page. Here are the 6 guiding principles behind Podcamp.
- All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rockstar.
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license.
- All attendees must be allowed to participate (subject to limitations of physical space, of course).
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet – if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do something else.
- The event must be new-media-focused; blogging, podcasting, video on the net, etc.
- The financials of a Podcamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.
- I know. I said there were 6. This one is more of a wish list item. Sessions and events are strongly encouraged to be free to attend to allow as many people to attend as possible.
Sessions are set to run 45 minutes. That includes you getting in the room, getting set up, giving your talk, answering any questions and leaving. It’s incredibly important to make sure that you respect those time limits in order to respect those coming before you and coming after. You’ll have access to a projector and a room full of people. The rest is primarily up to you.